jeudi 31 janvier 2013

David Beckham Signs For Paris St Germain


The 37-year-old midfielder was available on a free transfer following the expiration of his contract with LA Galaxy in December and signed a deal with the Ligue 1 leaders after undergoing a medical in Paris on Thursday afternoon.

Beckham, who had been training with Arsenal recently to maintain his fitness, attracted offers from across the globe but was unveiled as the latest superstar to join PSG in a press conference attended by sporting director Leonardo and president Nasser al-Khelaifi at Parc des Princes.


"We've been talking about it [the deal] for quite a while," Beckham said. "I'm delighted it's happened.

"I'm lucky - I got more offers at 37 than I'd had in my career. I chose Paris because I can see what the club are trying to do. It's an exciting city, but now there is a club that is going to have a lot of success in the next 10, 15, 20 years.

"I'm very honoured that I'm part of this - honoured to be part of the future of PSG."

Beckham also announced that his entire salary for his five-month stay in the French capital will be going to a children's charity.

"One of the reasons I wanted to come to Paris was we decided on something quite unique," he said. "I won't receive a salary.

"I'm very passionate about children and charity and so are the club. I don't think something like this has been done before."

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire