dimanche 9 décembre 2007

2nd Sunday (Question ) Can You Become an Ex - Gay? G Craig Lewis Says No.

I found this clip of Lewis talking about gays in music and in the church. I have a problem with Lewis attack on people in general. If professionals say it is more to being gay than just being in our mind why the attack.
I am a heterosexual woman and I don't understand how someone can say I will change my sexual desire for men to a desire for women just by saying it. That is why my self I don't stand and judge people because we just don't know. It is easy for me to say they can change because I am not the one dealing with that choice.

For many years mental-health professionals have taken the view that since homosexuality is not a mental disorder, any attempt to change sexual orientation is unwise. But for healthcare professionals to tell someone they don't have the right to make an effort to bring their actions into harmony with their values is wrong. If a person want to make an attempt to change their way of thinking why not let them.

There are no scientifically rigorous outcome studies to determine either the actual efficacy or harm of "reparative" treatments, according to the American Psychiatric Association. However, there are numerous reports of individuals who have claimed to change, those who claim that attempts to change were harmful to them, and others who claimed to have changed and then later recanted those claims.

While some have noted cases where people have had bad experiences with "reorientation" approaches. They acknowledged that in other cases, individuals have "felt they were helped by having therapy available that took their religious values seriously."

The Church remains divided on the issue but is showing growing tolerance for the homosexual lifestyle. A recent poll revealed that for the first time in its polling, the majority of Americans (56 percent) said they do not believe sexual orientation can be changed. What do you think? Do you think you can change your sexual desire by saying I want to change?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire