lundi 3 décembre 2007

Prayerful Monday (Question) Why So Many Mistakes?


Do you ever find yourself asking: Why have I made so many mistakes in my life? Why must I seem to always learn the hard way? Why has my life not turned out the way I envisioned? Why have I experienced so much disappointment and pain? Why do I sometimes feel so different from everyone else? It just doesn’t seem like other Christians struggle with the things that I do. Why have I become so cynical regarding life? What has happened to the joy that I once experienced as a Christian?

I believe that I really don’t matter to God very much. I would affirm that he loves the world and that he is a loving God. However I am convinced that somehow I am disqualified to fully receive his love. I sometimes say that he loves the world but then think that I have messed up too much Sure God forgives, but I abandon my children and I know that he will always hold that against me. Sure God forgives, but I had an affair yesterday I never dreamed that I would do something like that

Sure God forgives, but my whole life is one big mess. Sure God forgives, but I feel like such a failure as a parent. I can’t believe the way my son turned out. Sure God forgives, but I know that I have been one big disappointment to God. I know that God really will give me a fresh start? The Biblical writers often remind us that they too had received fresh starts (Read again Eph. 2:1-9 and I Cor. 6:9-11). Do you know that his care for you is greater than your failure? Do you know that Jesus work on the cross and his resurrection has given us hope for a new start? (Rom. 5:6-8) It is not too late to have a fresh start. No matter what!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire