samedi 22 décembre 2007

Were We Call To Entertain?


Where we called as Christians to entertain? Where we called to use our “gift” to thrill people? or to stir emotions, let alone use talents and abilities we claim God has given us, to compete in a contest where the main objective is for someone to like us well enough that we are…the winner?

I just witnessed a sad and selfish display called Sunday Best a terribly misdirected attempt to capitalize on the trashy reality show/American idol craze, and put a Christian spin on it. It was all I could do to sit and listen to ( I like Kirk Franklin I have nothing against him) Kirk Franklin, Mary & Mary and Bebe try to pull scripture out of context to justify what is nothing more than sorry production to glorify the flesh. The contestants were obviously talented ( giving credit were credit is due ).

But I think about a spiritual upbringing some of these people have had ( Seeker Friendly Church) that has them convinced that what they are doing on this program somehow glorifies the Lord of Righteousness. What have they gone through or been taught in their lives? That part is heart breaking.

I heard a lot about being a star, being a super star, having a good performance, being an artist and hitting it big in the Gospel music world. I heard nothing about denying self, taking up the cross daily and following Him, Luke 9:23. Me personally I think that is was a bad display of a Gift. What happen to your gift will make room for you? And they tell every contestant may God Bless You and Good Luck isn't that an oxymoron? What do you think? This is my personal thought, I did not see Jesus Glorified did you?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire