jeudi 30 août 2012

West Ham confirm Carroll loan

West Ham have confirmed the signing of Andy Carroll on loan from Liverpool with a view to a permanent deal.

The Hammers have worked hard to do a deal for the England forward with Liverpool initially reluctant to do a loan deal for the man they paid £35million for last year.

But the newly-promoted side have persuaded the 23-year-old to move to London and confirmed they have an option to make the signing a permanent one for an undisclosed fee next summer.

The player himself insists he is just looking forward to playing games - and scoring goals for Sam Allardyce's side.

"It's great to be here at West Ham and all signed up - I just can't wait to get started now," Carroll told the club's official website.

"I want to be playing games and obviously hoping to score some goals. I know the manager well and some of the lads, so it is nice for me to come to a place where I know people.

"I'm hoping to add a lot of goals and create a few chances. I know Sam from Newcastle and he was a massive reason for me coming.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire