lundi 10 juin 2013

[Photos] Jose Mourinho Unveiled As Chelsea Manager Says: I'm 'The Happy One'

Jose Mourinho declared himself 'the Special One' when he was unveiled as Chelsea manager nine years ago, but at his second coming today the returning hero insisted he was simply 'the Happy One'.
The Portuguese was officially unveiled as Chelsea manager for the second time at a press conference in London on Monday afternoon, and answered questions from the media for the first time since leaving Real Madrid last month.
Mourinho's first spell at Stamford bridge appeared to end under a cloud after an apparent breakdown in relations with owner Roman Abramovich, but he insisted today that there was no bust-up and that he would not be back at the club had the pair separated on bad terms.
 Speaking to about 250 journalists at Stamford Bridge, the 50-year-old was asked whether he was still the Special One. He said: 'I am the Happy One. I am very happy.
'Time flies. A lot of things happened in my professional life in the last nine years, but I have the same nature, I am the same person, I have the same heart, I have the same kind of emotions related to my passion for football and my job, but I am a different person in this moment.
'If I have to describe myself, I would describe myself as a very happy person because it's the first time I arrive in a club where I already love the club.'
Asked whether he can replicate the success of his first spell at the club, in which he won two Premier League titles, one FA Cup and two League Cups, he said: 'I want to believe it is possible. I know many people who belong to the club. I know the mentality and the ambition the club has. In every club (I have managed at) I was able to reach success and win trophies.'
Mourinho said he wanted his players to 'work hard work with quality' and know that 'the club is much more important than us. Without the club we are nobody.'
Mourinho left the club by mutual agreement six years ago, with many observers pointing to a perceived breakdown in his relationship with owner Abramovich.
On the widely reported breakdown in his relationship with the Russian, Mourinho denied that he had been sacked and insisted that he had always been on goof terms with Chelsea's trigger-happy owner.
Mourinho's press conference at Stamford Bridge was attended by around 250 reporters
I read and I keep hearing that I was fired, I was sacked, we had a complete breakdown of our relationship - that was not true.
'Many didn't believe that but it was a mutual agreement. We thought it was best for both of us, for me and the club.'
Mourinho went on to win the 2010 Champions League with Inter Milan, while the Blues themselves won the competition two years later.
'It was a sad moment but I don't regret that decision because after that I went to Inter, where I had probably the best moment of my career,' said Mourinho.
'After that I went to Madrid where we still have the record of the best team in Spanish history.
'For Chelsea things went well too, after that Chelsea were European champions for the first time.
'It was difficult for both of us but it was made by mutual agreement. Only because there was never a breakdown of the relationship is it possible for me to be here today.

 
Some Portuguese journalists brought a cake for their fellow countryman

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire