jeudi 29 novembre 2007

"Thankful Thursday" ( Random Post) Nostalgic Toys



Parents who grew up in the '70s and '80s are now buying their children the same toys they grew up playing with. According to an article in today's Washington Times, toys including the Easy Bake Oven (I loved this one!), Cabbage Patch Kids, Care Bears, Strawberrry Shortcake and My Little Pony, are all making a comeback, primarily because parents want their children to have the same experiences they did. Most of the toys mentioned I can remember. I know some you can recall them. Some of the early computer games are also finding new fans. Pac-man and Tetris are finding their way back onto the shelves.

The article mentions one toy that I've never even heard of..... what is/are Shrinky Dinks??
Creepy_crawlers Some special "toy" memories I have from growing up in the 1960s: Creepy Crawlers (remember the smell of baking those critters?), Chatty Cathy, Thumbelina, the Magic 8 ball, board games like Sorry and Clue.

What are your favorite toys from the past, ones that you'd like your own children or nieces and nephews to experience?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire