dimanche 20 janvier 2008

Can Life Shut You Down?


Death is universal, everybody dies, but not everyone lives I don’t know how long I’m going to live….It doesn’t make any difference to me. If I die tomorrow, that’s fine. I’m ready to go, but I want to live until that last moment.

Have you heard of a Retirement Syndrome? that brings depression, anxieties, frustrations, suicide etc. Do you know that you can be bored to death?
For years, I’ve noticed that my mother would often shut down.

My mother shut down to me when she had a look in her eyes like any day now I am ready to go home to get my reward. My mother was 70 years of age when said made her transition to the other side. She had a passionate for fishing she would fish all day and come home with no fish. Were is the fish? she would say "I didn't even get a nibble."

Up until that point, she had lived with purpose and direction. She had even been passionate about some other aspect of her life. But something happens. The children all left home. You could see the boredom in her eyes. I am thinking, my mother had a look in her eyes like she was ready to go home. It was just her and my father at home. When you have raised 10 children and then find your self all by your self I think you do give up.

"I want to live until that last moment." No matter the age, circumstances, etc., I want to live. I don’t want to have the boredom glaze in my eyes one day. I don’t want to coast, being passive and just waiting for something to happen.
I am grateful that the life that we receive through Jesus is not based on what is happening to me externally. With Jesus, my life is not meaningless or purposeless at any moment. Nor, is the value of my life dependent on the value that others place on it.


Does a person really have to shut down? Have you experienced the temptation to do so? Have you known other people who go through various experiences and stages of life but who always seem to keep their passion for God and for really living?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire