vendredi 25 janvier 2008

What Was Wrong With Obama Church?


I ask that question because I want to know why he turned his back on his church family. I really don't understand why he denounce Trinity United Church of Christ? If he had the same vision as the pastor what happen to the vision? I read the Church Mission statement and saw nothing wrong with it. The Church embrace helping our self as black people. What is wrong with that? I am not questioning his faith because that is not my purpose. But I would like to know what was wrong with the teaching of Dr. Wright.

The Democratic candidate spoke to the popular religious Web site beliefnet.com and highly respected Christianity Today magazine to set the record straight that he is a “devoted” Christian and never was a Muslim.

“I have been a member of the same church for almost 20 years, and I have never practiced Islam,” Obama stated in a Christianity Today interview posted Wednesday. “I am respectful of the religion, but it’s not my own.”

The Democrat from Illinois recounted that he came to accept Christ in the 1980s when he was working as a young community organizer in Chicago’s South Side black neighborhoods. It was at Trinity United Church of Christ where he felt “drawn to the message of Jesus Christ” and “the power of the church to fortify people in their spiritual journeys.” He “submitted” himself to God and was baptized by Trinity United Church of Christ, according to the beliefnet.com interview.

“It wasn’t an epiphany. I didn’t ‘fall out,’ as they say in the black church,” Obama noted. “It was an emotional and spiritual progression, as well as an intellectual one. And it didn’t happen overnight.”

He said he prays everyday on the campaign trail, and before running for president, to be an “instrument of God’s will.” The often described charismatic candidate said he applies the Golden Rule to campaign politics, being challenged by his faith to be respectful and courteous to everyone, including his political opponents.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire